Monday, May 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

I made these for our barbeque this weekend. They are delicious! I love peanut butter cookies and I added those new mini Reeses peanut butter cups to have some chocolate as well. I think this will be my new go to recipe for peanut butter cookies. I got the recipe from Bakeaholic.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt (I omitted)
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Beat together butter and brown sugar until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined well. Add peanut butter and beat until mixture is smooth. Next add flour and baking soda and beat until well combined. I added about 1 cup of Reeses Mini Peanut Butter Cups, but you can make them plain as well. I beat the dough on a high speed to break up the Reeses a little bit.

Chill the dough about 15 minutes in the freezer. Roll into balls (I used a medium cookie scoop) and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass or your finger. If you made them plain, you can make a criss cross design with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment