Monday, May 23, 2011

Oreo Fudge Bars

Don't these look great?! I got this recipe from Lemons and Love and I am so glad I did. These bars are pretty easy to make and are always a big hit. I made them for our barbeque this weekend but I have made them before and they always are a crowd pleaser. What's not to love about Oreos and chocolate?

Ingredients:
1 package Oreos, divided
1 stick butter
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (I used a mixture of semi sweet and milk)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini M&Ms

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325. Line a 9x13 cake pan with foil. Separate out 6 Oreos to use for the topping and coarsely chop them. Crush remaining Oreos either in a food processor or in a gallon bag with a rolling pin. Melt butter and stir in Oreo crumbs. Press Oreo mixture into cake pan to create the bottom crust.

Combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave to melt the chocolate, stirring often until smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over Oreo crust. Top with crushed Oreos, mini chocolate chips, and M&Ms. Press down lightly into chocolate. Bake 20 minutes.

Let cool completely in the fridge before cutting into bars or you will end up with a mess. I keep these in the fridge until serving so they don't get too soft sitting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment