Monday, May 23, 2011

My Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies

People rave about my chocolate chip cookies. I will admit, they are pretty tasty. I will let you in on a little secret though, the recipe is basically the recipe you will find on the bag of chocolate chips. What is the secret ingredient? Flour. That's right, flour. The amount of flour I add is the only change I make to the original recipe but apparently that is all it takes! I am constantly asked to make my chocolate cookies any time I need to bring something to an event.

This reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica is trying to figure out Phoebe's grandmother's recipe for chocolate chip cookies and it turns out they were the Nestle Toll House recipe the whole time.

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
3 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips (I like to use a combination of semi sweet and milk)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Cream together butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and mix to combine well. Add baking soda and then add flour about one cup at a time. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated evenly in the dough. I use a medium cookie scoop to form balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes (11 minutes is perfect for my oven).

No comments:

Post a Comment