Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Parmesan Orzo


This dish is becoming one of my favorite side dishes. The original recipe can be found on Allrecipes but I have made a few changes. I cut the amount of butter in half (which I do with a lot of recipes to cut down the amount of fat. I also leave out the basil, as that is not something I keep in the house. I like to season this with garlic, seasoned salt, or even cayenne pepper. 

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup orzo
1 (14oz) can chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
Preferred seasonings

Directions:
Melt butter in a saucepan, add orzo and saute until orzo slightly browned. Stir in chicken broth and seasonings, bring to a boil. Boil until the majority of the broth is cooked down, about 15-20 minutes. Mix in parmesan and stir until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment